The highest of the towers, it was transformed into a residence at the time of the Renaissance. On the town side, the tower was previously open “at the throat”, that is, it had no defence. On the other side, the Citadel protrudes or is “flanked”, in front of the old curtain walls. The solid masonry is pierced with cross-shaped slits for archers.
The tower also bears the name of Queen Jeanne (Reine Jeanne), a reference to Jeanne 1st of Naples, countess of Provence, who stayed in Lorgues in 1348 while on her way to recover the throne of Naples. It was at this time that Lorgues obtained the privileges of being a ‘free’ town.