Saint Barthélémy is a countryside chapel, in private hands, that bears witness to the Christianisation of the countryside. Although it is some distance from Lorgues, on the western slopes of the valley of the Florièye, it is mentioned in 1421 as being attached to the old collegiate church of Saint Martin.
However, today the chapel is an classic example of one which has fallen into ruin. Positioned near the medieval road from Draguignan to Lorgues, when the course of the road was changed, it neither had the advantage of being on a roadside nor near a hamlet. It is buried in woodland, which is rapidly swallowing it up.