The ‘Gate’ (in fact an archway) was a medieval opening in the original fortified walls (‘barri’ in provencale). It was redesigned in 1729 and remains a public passage “beyond the rampart”. It was restored in 2018 by the Town Hall. Just outside the old ramparts in the passage is a former oil mill which has become the museum of the painter Rob Jullien.